Memories Forever to Hold

>> Friday, June 12, 2015

Note: Written in memory of my father for Father's Day, June 21, 2015.

Ajay Pradhan | June 12, 2015

When I look at the morning Sun
And go for walks, with so much fun
Or stand in the shadows of tall fir trees
Enjoying the vista and the fresh cool breeze
I miss the sweet home my father built
And I miss the wise words he spoke with lilt

When in summers I go to beach
And watch the gulls that swoop to reach
For a fish in waters from a school
As I stand with my feet in a sandy pool 
I miss the fishing trips my father took me on
And remember hauling in bagful of prawn

When in late summer I bide my time
And sing a song without trying to rhyme
And when I look at the clear blue sky
And see the hawks and eagles fly
I miss the festive season of Dashain
My father teaching me kite-flying

When by SkyTrain I commute to work
Sometimes I see an officer, sometimes a clerk
And when I see the world go by
Beautiful sights that please the eye
I miss the train ride my father took me on
To my village of Chandranagar on winter vacation 

When I go for a hike to the distant hill
And sometimes see a churning water mill
And when I tread down a solitary trail
Enjoying the pine trees and their spicy smell
I miss the exciting stories my father told
These are loving memories forever to hold 

0 comments:

About This Blog

Humanature Journal blog is maintained by A.S. Pradhan.

Disclaimer

Opinions expressed on this blog are personal opinions of the writers, not of the organizations they are associated with.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP