Sufi Song: Ballad of Mahua Pokhari

>> Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A. S. Pradhan | June 17, 2015

Man:
A hundred stormy seas
A hundred-thousand miles
Shall I gladly cross, my love
To come see your smile

Woman:
No tall promises I need
Nor do I want a big deed
All I beseech you, my dear
Is take my hand and lead

Man:
A thousand different hamlets
A thousand miles apart
Will look for you in each, my dear
Until my life does depart

Woman:
For hundred years shall I wait
Look for you from morning until late
At the door of my father’s house
Until you come brighten my fate

Man:
A hundred stormy seas, my love
A hundred-thousand miles
Shall I gladly cross, my love
Just to come see your smile

Woman:
Sing to me this our own ballad
Until I turn hundred years old
And I’ll sing you a duet of love
That for thousand cows cannot be sold

Man and Woman:
Will cross a hundred stormy seas
Will travel a hundred-thousand miles, my love
And come back to this Mahua Tree
And beneath it, will sing again our ballad of love

0 comments:

About This Blog

Humanature Journal blog is maintained by A.S. Pradhan.

Disclaimer

Opinions expressed on this blog are personal opinions of the writers, not of the organizations they are associated with.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP